To sanction your event please submit a sanctioning application.
When you application is approved, you will receive an invoice.
Benefits of Sanctioning
*Publish on CUTA event page and Media.
*Email all CUTA referees for referee support
*Event management support, Logistics, online registration ect.
Qualifying club members: $250 (club member for at least 12 consecutive months).
Non-qualifying clubs: $300 (club member for less than 12 months).
1. The Host Club must be a current CUTA Club Member and have a minimum of 10 individual members.
2. Sanction Application to be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event.
3. Sanctioning fee is per event and non-refundable or transferable.
4. All CUTA Sanctioned events must pay CUTA and USAT Referees a stipend of at least $50.00 per day of work.
(Suggested rates: Non-certified referees $50, USAT certified referees $75, International Referees $100)
5. A CUTA representative must be present to enforce sanctioning requirements. Tournament director is responsible for providing accommodations for the CUTA representative.
6. Must add the California Unified Taekwondo Association/E-Productions as "Additional Insured" on liability Insurance covering the event.
7. A minimum of two licensed paramedic must be at the venue for the duration of the event.
8. Once the event has been approved the CUTA logo will be sent electronically to the host club for use in materials promoting the event, along with a CUTA Weight Classification Chart that must be followed for Black Belt Kyroogi divisions (ages 10-32). All other weight classifications may be modified upon discretion of the tournament director.
9. Must use DAEDO for at least Black Belt Senior divisions. (If CUTA has a sponsor that offers this service and you need to rent it you must rent from CUTA Sponsor)
10. Must have certified judges following USAT/WTF rules and regulations.
11. There may not be 2 events sanctioned in the same region occurring within one week of one another.
12. Must have at least 1 official square or octagonal ring of at least 9x9 meters (up to 10x10 meters).
13. Must conduct a CUTA/USAT referee seminar within one month of your event led by a CUTA Approved instructor.
14. Must submit a layout of the venue including: competition rings, staging, holding, awards, medical table, and parking with Sanction Application.
15. The CUTA reserve the right to refuse sanction to any club.
If any of the above requirements are not met, CUTA reserves the right to rescind sanctioning.
If you need any help or information with sanctioning an event please contact
Event Director Master Chavez at 909-578-4799.